What Information does Defcon Paintball Gear (Defcon Paintball Gear Inc.) collect?
At Defcon Paintball Gear (Defcon Paintball Inc.) , we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
- Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information - e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences - e.g., product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent; and
- your transaction information - e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number.
- Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may ask you for your postal code to assist us with planning our flyer distribution;
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Web Sites, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of contest entrants are male, aged 18 to 25.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested.
How is Your Personal Information Used?
Defcon Paintball Gear (Defcon Paintball Gear Inc.) may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- fulfill your specific requests for products, services or information;
- provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our Web Sites or our marketing endeavours;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility;
- tailor our online content or in-store offerings based on your preferences;
- if you ask us, to offer and promote additional products and services we offer; and
Our Privacy Commitment
At Defcon Paintball Gear (Defcon Paintball Gear Inc.) we know how important it is to protect your personal information. Whether you are shopping with us online or in person we want to make indicate your consent to receive marketing communications, or by providing your signature to indicate your acceptance of the use and disclosure terms presented on an application form.
- Other times, we may obtain your consent implicitly when we can reasonably conclude that you’ve given consent by some action you have taken or an action you have decided not to take. Generally, this occurs where the purpose for use of your personal information would be reasonably apparent to you.
Withdrawing Your Consent
- You may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure or your information. We will accommodate your request subject to legal and contractual restrictions related to your transactions.
- If you have "opted in" or subscribed to one of our newsletters or mailing lists, we will always provide you the opportunity to "opt out" or unsubscribe. For example, each e-newsletter we send to you will include a link or other method to unsubscribe or decline further e-newsletters.